Thursday, November 24, 2011

My New Go To


Last week I went to my Sister In Laws for a lunch/playdate, the kids had Sandwiches and this is what Amanda made for us... Doesn't it look delicious? She found the recipe in the latest Sobeys Magazine and I had to make it again this week, it was just SO GOOD!

Honey-Mint Fruit Salad

2 Honeycrisp Apples (I used Jonagold)
1 Fresh Mango, peeled and cubed, (Amanda used pears instead and I liked it better)
1 Cup Blueberries of Blackberries
1 Cup Strawberries Quartered
1 Lime (juiced)
1 TBSP Honey
1 TBSP Medium Shredded Coconut (I used 2 TBSP)

1. In a large bowl, combine Apples, Mango and Berries
2. In a small microwaveable bowl mix lime juice and honey, microwave for 15 to 20 seconds, to soften honey. Pour mixture over fruit, add mint and gently toss to combine
3. In a dry skillet, toss coconut over medium heat for 5-7 minutes or until lightly toasted (I didn't do this, and the salad still tasted great!). Sprinkle over fruit right before serving.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment