Thursday, November 24, 2011

Cilantro Lime Chicken

Avery is teething and we're not getting much sleep, so I thought I'd document a few recipes I've tried in the last little while and get caught up on blogging...

The First being Cilantro Lime Chicken:

I found this recipe on pinterest a few days ago and had to try it pretty much immediately, as I love crock pot recipes, especially in the winter and it sounded so easy! I love days where dinner is already cooking at 10am for some reason dinner time always feels really hectic, trying to keep tired kids happy and get everyone fed, bathed and to sleep in a short amount of time, so a crock pot is the perfect solution! Here's the link to the original: http://www.pipandebby.com/pip-ebby/2011/11/18/slow-cooker-cilantro-lime-chicken.html (my photos aren't as great) and I've made a few changes, so I'll post mine below:


In a slow cooker, mix together:
One 600ml jar medium or mild salsa
Juice from one lime
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
One package taco seasoning
One 340 ml can of corn niblets
2 jalapeno peppers, finely chopped (optional)
Add 4-6 fully thawed chicken breasts, halved
Cook on low for 6 hours

This chicken was so tender and juicy once cooked! They suggested serving it with taco chips or sour cream. I served it over rice... Next time I might use it as a taco filling!




No comments:

Post a Comment